Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Flashback.



Hello to you all!

I hope you're doing well this fine day. I must say, I have news for you.

So this past week was alright. I was only in my area for two days and I'm leaving again today, I went home, and transfer news came... allow me to explain.

So Monday we went into Gabs for interviews. Then on Tuesday we had Zone Conference. Zone Conference was quite nice. We talked about Christ-like attributes. One of which is patience... mine was tested this week.

So then on Wednesday we had exchanges and I was with Elder Mills, the newest elder to the mission. It was great fun and good. Thursday rolled around and I (and four other Americans) had to be to the immigration department at 8 in the morning to apply for a visa extension to stay in Botswana. Well first we went to the American Embassy to certify copies of our passports, but that department didn't open until 1:30... So we had lunch and waited. We went back and entered the Embassy. As we're entering the waiting room, a video advertising things in American was playing. Just as we're entering, it's playing about Utah.... The timing was impeccable...

Finally we got out of there and over to immigration, only to discover that the finger print machine was offline. They told us, "come back tomorrow". So I ventured with some other elders to Mochudi so they could get a change of clothes. We then had dinner at Pizza Hut (not quite the same as home, but still the same company and good), and slept.

Friday rolls around and in the A.M. we were back at immigration. BUT the machine was still down. We then had to wait until 12 or so, where one elder was able to do his prints but the lady then said she had to go on lunch... so we waited... again.

The good news, everything is taken care of. Elder Motaleng and I got back to Moleps late on Friday and worked Saturday and Sunday. Saturday Sister Melney accepted to be baptized and we got transfer news.

Transfer news... *drum roll*..... I'm staying and Elder Motaleng is going to Kanye. My new companion is none other than my old friend, Elder Malemo. That's right, exactly one year after being companions in Lenyenye we're going to be back together and he's finishing with me this transfer. I'm quite excited!!

Sunday Elder Motaleng was saying goodbye to people and I received interesting news. The Assistants to the President called me and told me I'd be driving some elders to Pretoria today. So I'll be taking a 2017 Ford Ranger from Gabs to Pretoria... Booya!!

Oh what a week... I love you all and I know the church is true.

- Elder Burgess




Elder Motaleng and I for the last time.



Elder Mills and I. We're 3rd cousins, once removed. However, we met in Africa! Crazy story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment