Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

When the necessary becomes frustrating.



Hello Friends and Family!!

I hope you had a great week; I know mine was interesting to say the least.

So Monday I drove a Ranger to Pretoria. It's a big vehicle compared to my little Hyundai i20! But it was really cool! I did however get lost in Pretoria. I made a wrong turn and ended up in an area called Sunnyside. Luckily (and prayerfully) we made it to the mission office. 

It was great because some elders from Namibia (my companion included) flew in. I was able to reconnect with my old friends Elder Voyles and Elder Reber over a game of pool. But on Tuesday we eventually made our way back to Gabs. We crossed over late and stayed the night in Broadhurst's flat. The following morning I had to go back to immigration (yay.. .) and wait, yet again. We went in and waited until they finally said that we should come back after lunch... so we did. 

But they still didn't have our extensions. We went back Thursday, still nothing, that is, until right before closing. I get called up and a supervisor was there. She then started explaining that our way of going about things isn't right... it became apparent to us that the agreement made concerning our stay in Botswana, was not discussed with the bottom of the chain. I was however able to get a few days, until September 20th. We're waiting to find out what will be happening, but there's a chance that I may be evacuating the country... We'll see!

It's been great fun with Elder Malemo again though! Although we didn't get to Moleps until late Friday night, we still had a nice couple of days. Today we went and hiked a hill with our district and went to lunch after.

Overall, my life is going alright. It's been hard not being able to do proper missionary work for such a long time but these things are kind of necessary. Other than frustration of waiting at immigration and having a cold, I'm doing great! I can't complain! The gospel is true and I'm here to proclaim it!

- Elder Burgess


Reunited and it feels so good!!


District hike!


2017 Ford Ranger!



No comments:

Post a Comment