Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day


We got to see Cameron on Skype and talk to him on Sunday. Elder Burgess is so happy to be serving a mission and is loving it to the max. His health is good and his spirits are high. We are grateful for technology and angels that watch over our loved ones near and afar. Enjoy Cameron's update! - Kimberli



Happy Mother's Day!

Well my first opportunity to Skype home has come already. Just wanted to say thank you to all who were there. It was wonderful to see you! I love you all and I'm so proud of you. A congrats goes to Mati Downs and Shayla Archibald for receiving their mission calls. I'm so happy for them! And also to Luci Jeppsen who will be receiving hers shortly. I'd also like to shout out to all the mothers in my life. You're wonderful and I love you all. Thank you for welcoming me into your homes and showing love to me.

So this past week has been something else. I've been having a blast and had some great experiences. Probably the top one was performing my first baptism. His name is Thabiso (ta-bee-so). He's the boy on the right. He was so excited to be baptized! Elder Bagoole asked him, "So are you ready?" He replied, "I'm always ready for something important." So his friend is Katlego (cat-lay-ho). They're both 11 and good friends. They were so excited and I'm so happy for them!

Well not too much more to add but I will include a spiritual thought. This last Thursday I was shown the word "earnest" in the Bible Dictionary. I invite you all to look it up and ponder about what it's saying. Earnest has been related to the Holy Ghost in the footnotes and It struck me.

Well I love you all and I hope that you're happy and enjoying life. You're probably all asleep as I write this though, haha! (Cameron wrote this email at 2:22 am MST)

Farewell for now,
- Elder Burgess



Katlego and Thabiso




Katlego's father, Thabiso, Katlego, Elder Bagoole (Buh-goo-lay), and  Elder Burgess



Alekken LaMont and Cameron Skyping. Alekken is Keaton's little brother.






No comments:

Post a Comment