Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The rainbow.



Hello family and friends,

I hope this finds you well. It's been 7 days since my last contact with you all and I fear you've missed me greatly. Whether this is true or not, it does not matter.

Well, on my end, life is good. Missionary work is going well but at times it's rough. The wonderful part is the good far out weighs the bad. This past week Elder Mosweswe and I were trying to top last week's success but sadly, we barely fell short. However, looking back, we had a great week. We had 9 investigators at church, 9 progressing investigators and most of our days were full of lessons. I've really come to love Namibia. The work here is moving!!

This week started off well too. We had a wonderful surprise of rain on Monday and we got quite a sight, a double rainbow. For one, rain is scarce and rare here and two, rainbows have symbolism. I'm not sure if you know but the rainbow was the sign of a covenant God made with Noah and with Enoch. Many know that after the flood a rainbow appeared to show Noah that the earth would not be flooded again but it was also for Enoch, Noah's great grandfather. It was a promise to Enoch that the Zion he had built up would return with the Lord at his Second Coming and that his family would go on forever. So, the rainbow promised the world eternal families. Just a fun thought.

We had a great moment with Sister Megan when she gladly accepted a baptismal date. I'm so happy and I know that Megan and her recent convert sister, Vinoliah, will be able to help each other in this crazy world.

We had Zone meeting this past week as well. Elder Darley and Elder Hamilton came back and they even treated us as their old flat mates. Elder Darley hit his year mark and we celebrated with ice cream. This week was good and life is just getting better. But, December is right around the corner and people are leaving for the holidays... I'm not excited that's for sure.

But it's part of life. Love you all and have a great week!
- Elder Burgess





The weather was so nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment