Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 19, 2016

"It's beginning to look a lot like...SUMMER!! Everywhere you go."



Wow how time flies!! I can't believe that Christmas is already here! I have to wish a Merry Christmas to you all now but for my family, I'll be seeing you later! ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜˜

Well this past week has been a good one! Despite many people being gone we have still been able to see quite a few people and some were people that we've had trouble seeing for a while now. 

It was a good time this week, except for Tuesday- Friday, where I was sick. Funny enough, the day I was the sickest is the day we had the most appointments. Don't worry I'm doing well now. The Lord blesses us in our afflictions and works in mysterious ways, that's for sure.

For example, my highlight of the week. When we went to the barber to have Elder Mosweswe's hair cut, we met a young man by the name of Isaac. Isaac is a 19 year old from Angola, the northern neighbor to Namibia. He was here in Windhoek for a doctor's appointment and was leaving the following day. We introduced ourselves and told him what we do. As we talked his interest was greatly peaked, especially when it came to finding the true church. He asked if we give out bibles and if we had one. 

I replied, "We do but we don't have one. I do have this though." And proceeded to pull out a Book of Mormon. This kid was in love with it! As I explained all about it he just kept saying, " Wow, this is wonderful." Then came the tough time. He was leaving and we had no way to contact the elders in Angola. We gave him our number for when he came back to Windhoek but it just didn't feel like enough. 

I began thinking of how we could help this young man more and then it hit me. A few weeks back we met with a man who worked in Luanda, Angola. He's been taught by the missionaries all the lessons but wanted us to visit. Right before leaving, I had asked him for the contact details of the elders in Angola. I had no idea why. They were useless to me but it felt right to write down their information anyway. Now fast forward to our time with Isaac. I sat there thinking, "I have no way for this young man to find the missionaries." And immediately a voice responded, "Yes you do." I was then able to give this young man the contact details for the elders in his very city.

It's amazing how the Lord works, truly it is.

Well I hope all of you enjoy this Christmas Season and that you remember why we celebrate it; the REAL REASON. 

Love,
- Elder Burgess







No comments:

Post a Comment