Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Merry Christmas!



Ah Christmas has come and gone. Surprising and a bit sad. 

Christmas here was complete opposite from home. Most people are just partying with house music and alcohol and if people decorate it's as far as a small tree in the corner, like 4 ft or less. But nonetheless, I enjoyed it. We had dinner at Sister Sarti's, then at the Povanho's and lastly at the Swartbooi's. We had many families inviting us to dinner but we could only make it to a few. At the Swartbooi's I had turkey... it was the first turkey I had had since Thanksgiving 2015 and it was wonderful. By the end of it all I was struggling to finish the meal at the Swartbooi's, but, I prevailed!!

Utah: Christmas Day 10:30 p.m. BUT Africa: December 26th 7:30 a.m.
This morning I had the wonderful opportunity to talk to my family. I was able to Skype and see them all. Family, I love you so much and I'm so grateful for you all. To everyone, I hope you've had a great Christmas and that you're enjoying all the new gifts and keeping the Savior in your heart.

To the missionaries, I love you all. I'm so proud to be serving with you and I hope and pray that you work hard and that this time that you've had to talk with your families will give you a boost to work hard.

This past week was a decent one. This coming week I hope goes well. We received Transfer news and Elder Mosweswe is leaving me to go to the coast, Swakopmund! My new companion will be Elder Ndlovu from Durban, South Africa. He's a cool kid and I'm excited to work with him.

Well I hope you all have a great week and know you're loved!!

- Elder Burgess



Here's us at the Swartbooi's


This is what happens when you eat three good meals. Here we call this a "Kapunda" kuh-poon-duh.



No comments:

Post a Comment