Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 20, 2017

Do you smell fish?



Hi everyone. This won't be too long because it's transfers and a bit of transfers is happening today.

Life is good and this week wasn't great. People didn't really want to see us, but people did want to feed us! We were fed quite a bit and well it's been nice. 

As I said it's transfers. Nothing exciting for me, I'm in the same area, still with Elder Ndlovu. It's okay, I like Wanaheda and Elder Ndlovu is a great guy. This will officially be my longest time in an area (7 1/2 months) and with a companion (4 1/2 months). The sad thing is the elders that are leaving Namibia. I've really come to love these guys and some I'll never see again while here. But that's life as a missionary!

Oh! Highlight. Yesterday - Sunday, Ottilie, our recent convert, gave her first talk!! She was so nervous but she did very well!! It was quite a moment. She spoke on how Relief Society teaches charity.

Speaking of Relief Society, it was the 175th anniversary since it had been formed so happy birthday.

But as I said, I don't have much time. I'm doing very well and I'll continue to serve the Lord. I wish you all the best,

- Elder Burgess


So the other elders wanted sushi. As most people know about me, I'm not a fish or seafood fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed my bit of sushi. Trying new things is nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment