Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 4, 2016

Airport bound - The MTC awaits...


Hello everyone! My name is Kimberli Erickson. I'm Elder Cameron Burgess's favorite sister and now also, his personal slave scribe. I'll be posting updates from his missionary emails for the next two years so you all may stay updated on his mission. Elder Burgess has written the following:



Dear family & friends,


I opened my call on August 28th 2015. Four months and one week later I am leaving for the South African MTC so I can prepare to serve in the Botswana/Namibia Mission. That time has flown by so fast! Tomorrow I will be a full-time missionary. I will do my best to write every week with stories and experiences. They will be posted here. Thank you for your support. It means so much to me.

For now I will leave my testimony and we'll see how it progresses over time.

I know my Father in heaven lives and loves me. When this earth was created, He oversaw its creation. On the 6th day He came down and formed man. This was gift one--our bodies. As man heeded the word of God, He gave them guidance to return to Him. He called prophets to guide people and be a connection to Him. This was gift two--prophets, doctrine, laws and commandments.

But because in the beginning Adam and Eve partook of the fruit, there was to be a greater gift. He sent a Savior, His only Begotten Son. Jehovah came down and established his church. He gave greater laws and commandments. He then gave His life to show that we can, through Him, be made new and be forgiven of our sins. And in the process, we can journey back to our Father in Heaven and worthily partake of the Tree of Life.

I know that Christ loves us because He walked into the Garden of Gethsemane knowing, full well, what He was about to do. He knew it would be the hardest thing anyone had ever done or ever will do and that after, He would die. But He walked into that garden and cried to His Father. He suffered for our sins for hours. He was inflicted with all of our pains and although He cried to God asking for relief, He finished by saying, "Nevertheless, not as I will, but as Thy will." This same church that was established by Christ, the Savior of our souls, was reestablished by a young boy named Joseph Smith. From that day forward His church has grown. It is directed by modern-day prophets and apostles whom are guided and called by God Himself.

I've been raised in this church but I've also seen the affects on life without this true doctrine. It is hollow and there will always be a sense of emptiness without it. I accepted my call to serve a mission so that I can bring that missing puzzle piece to those that need it most from me. This happens to be in the southern countries of Africa. This is the true church and I will defend it and serve The Lord, my God, until my dying breath like those who came before me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


My email is:   cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

I will do my best to respond if you email me, however, it may not come immediately. Until further notice, email will be the only way of contacting me. This is due to the fact that South Africa's postal services are on strike.


Until next time,
Elder Cameron Burgess











No comments:

Post a Comment