Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 25, 2016

Life is good.


New update from our boy! Happy Monday :)



Dear Peoples,


I hope that everything is going well for you all. I'm enjoying life so very much! So I'm in my new area, Lenyenye. It's tricky to define how to pronounce it. Thus far, I love it here. Elder Bagoole is super nice and loving. He's a fun guy and loves being here. We started working the moment I got here on Tuesday. We had a very successful week and a full schedule this coming week. 

Lenyenye is a small township about 25-30 kilometers away from where we stay. Then our area also covers many surrounding d Lenyenye and Tzaneen are very mountainous and green. If you're not going up, you're going down. There's no flat, straight roads. It's also very beautiful here. 

People here are very nice and so loving. I've had some good laughs and gotten closer to people already. They're so welcoming here. Words can't really describe how happy I am here. This is what I imagined my mission in Africa was going to be like. 

We have two 11 year old boys being baptized on the 8th of May, Mother's Day. I'm very excited to see them be baptized. One boy's english is choppy so we have someone interpret for us and the other boy's english is good. They're very smart! There's quite the range of language skills here. We also have a couple other investigators that need interpreters so it's been interesting. Regardless of how learned some people are and some aren't, they all have big hearts.

Not too much more to report I'm afraid. Until next week, know I love you all and I appreciate your prayers.

- Elder Burgess



Elder Bagoole and I



A beautiful church clock tower that is just down the road from our flat.



No comments:

Post a Comment