Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 18, 2016

New places and big changes.


Cameron wrote us this morning. Enjoy!



Hello to you all!

So I've been doing well this past week, I hope you have too. So Transfers are this week. Last Saturday I was going insane as the minutes ticked by in what felt like hours, waiting for the transfer news. Well turns out I'm leaving. I'm going to a township/ village called Lenyenye. It's up by Tzaneen. I'm quite excited! I'll be closer to more animals and I'm hoping to see some hippos and crocodiles. I'll try and get as many pictures as I can, hopefully some better ones of animals too. 

My new companion will be Elder Bagoole. He's from Uganda and has been on his mission for 4 1/2 months, so two new guys taking on an area. I'm hopeful it will be a good time though. 

I'm sad to leave Mokopane but I know it will continue to progress. Just yesterday I visited some investigators that have been investigating for a while. They've been hesitant to set a baptism date but as I was saying goodbye they said, "I will be baptized... soon." It was so wonderful to hear!!

Yesterday I also got to finish Sunday's Conference sessions. I loved hearing from the prophet and apostles and I learned so much! I loved Elder Holland's closing talk especially. The way it began was amazing. It is amazing to have an apostle stand at the pulpit and ask, "Do you know... how much... we love you?" I was speechless. 

I thank you all for the support you've sent my way and I love reading how you all are doing.

I know it's short but more will come for sure.

- Elder Burgess


Masilo and I. He's a young man that is about to go on his mission and has joined us for the majority of our lessons for the past 2 1/2 months. I'll miss this kid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment