Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The glass is half full.


If you have a moment, please email Cameron an uplifting thought from General Conference. Thank you. Enjoy your week, everyone! - Kimberli



Hello,

This past week hasn't been the greatest. There were several cancellations and plans just haven't gone according to plans. Regardless of that, I've been optimistic. This is the last week of the transfer and I plan to make it count!

I have had some good come from this week though. First would be watching people progress. There's different speeds and levels of progression in everyone. Some progress very fast and find accepting the gospel very easy. Others may have a hard time with a point or two and then some just need to take it slow. One such has been Sister Bessy. Sister Bessy's whole family has found interest in the gospel and the Book of Mormon especially. While yes, they have interest and desire to be saved, they just need things to come slowly to them. But I'm hopeful they'll continue to progress, especially the mother. She's intrigued and loves learning and out of the whole family, has the least conflict with the gospel.

I've loved being on my mission so far. I love being able to see who is ready and who needs time. Sometimes I come across someone and think "They have great potential" but then a thought comes to me saying, "It isn't their time." Which is okay! It can take people several encounters with the gospel before their heart is softened. The Lord knows us all and what's best for us. 

I'm so thankful for this gospel. I'm so thankful for having such a strong support behind me of so many faithful saints. Thank you all for your love and support, know it is greatly appreciated. 

- Elder Burgess



Here's a picture of what they call "Jesus Mountain"... I'll let you guess why. People here may not have the fullness yet, but they love Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment