Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 6, 2016

We're all human.


Cameron wrote this morning. It's Monday and time for another update. Enjoy.



Hello to my people.

I hope you're doing well. So I've been having a lot of fun lately. We've been having some good lessons and met some good people.

So we were invited to play soccer Saturday which was really fun! It's also a great way to meet new people. As you play, random people just show up and start playing with you. Then after, we just introduce ourselves and it opens a doorway. We also just played today, right before I came here to write this that is. The people here though are good!! They've been playing since they were able to walk and they're always playing! 

We also had a talent show which went ok. The organization was rough and not too many people showed talents but it was still a good start. I was a little sad because I can't really show my talent of dancing... But no biggie. 

On the more spiritual side, we recently had a sister come to church because she liked how one of the members was dressed so nicely. After attending the whole day she later called us asking for a blessing. It was quite the experience to be recognized as a man of God. It was also interesting as we explained and performed the blessing. She was expecting some kind of show or a big thing but after I knew the Spirit was there with us, I just hope she recognized it.

Lenyenye is doing well, but we're looking for more people to teach now. We do have a sister that is progressing well. Her name is Mapula. We sometimes struggle with the language barrier but she's a good sport about it. She loves English, she's just not given much chance to use it.

Lastly, I got a haircut... Why do I put dots, you ask? Well it didn't exactly go as planned. There was a miscommunication as I explained that I wanted it short enough to still be able to style it but he heard short. No big deal though, it'll grow back. I'll attach a photo for your humor of the day.

Thank you to all of you praying for me and writing me, I love you all for it.

- Elder Burgess








































No comments:

Post a Comment