Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Friday, June 3, 2016

Less is more.


I apologize for posting this so late in the week. I had surgery on my toe so things have been crazy! - Kimberli (the favorite sister)



Hello everyone!

I hope you've been well. A shorter time has passed since I wrote but man, a lot has happened. So we received transfer news this last so drum roll please..... I'm staying in Lenyenye with Elder Bagoole! But, he's most likely leaving in like 3 weeks because there's some elders going home and we were told that their replacements will come from our district. Either way I'm happy! I've been enjoying myself and the people here. 

Like I said the week was interesting though. We have helped for service twice this week out in Modjadji which is like 30 kilometers from Tzaneen (where we stay) but in the opposite direction as Lenyenye. Then on Friday we actually went to Modjadji to be with one of the elders, Elder Diogo, and try and help him. I've now gotten to know that area pretty well. 

Another exciting event was we had the rain prevent a lesson (no, that's not what was exciting). So instead we ended up helping some members catch a pig that had escaped. That little guy was fast!! Anyways, as we were putting bricks in the way of the gate to his pen to prevent the pig from escaping, I found a little friend. I'll include a picture.

I guess I don't have as much as I thought... Well our recent converts were confirmed yesterday and they're so happy! After confirming them I sat down next to Nico who leaned over and asked, "So when do I get my Bible and special Book of Mormon?" He's blind so he can't read it but he's going to have his wife read it to him. I'm excited about his wife Phina. I feel she's been coming around to the idea of baptism. She's started coming to church with their kids and she has friends in the branch. I can't wait to see where it goes with her!

I've enjoyed so much lately. Yesterday we shared the story of the Ten Lepers. I encourage you all to go read it in Luke 17:12-19. As you read reflect on how you want to be. Do you want to just be cleansed or be made whole? What does it mean when Jesus said, "thy faith hath made thee whole"?

I love you all so much and I thank you for your love for me,

- Elder Burgess



Even after a day of people ditching us, I was still able to smile.


Just doing some service in a suit.





No comments:

Post a Comment