Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Transfer news!




So this past week has just flown!!

Things in the field have been rough. We've had nearly everyone cancel on us or they weren't there. It was sad, but I'm not discouraged. I'm still loving Lenyenye but there's a lot of work to be done! Where's "Eye of the Tiger" when you need it!?!

It has been interesting though. There's been a lot of health problems throughout the mission and in my district two elders got ringworm. One of them, Elder Nielson, was able to have it go away without much worry. But Elder Baldwin wasn't so lucky... his ringworm became infected and covered the whole of his right shoulder. The worst part was when a member clapped his shoulder, which caused it to bleed. The poor guy is doing better. He's gone to the hospital and he'll be better soon, no worries!

So we received transfer news and I was quite surprised. I thought for sure that Elder Bagoole would be leaving, but nope. He's been in Lenyenye my whole mission!! So what's happening is Elder Matjie, my companion, is leaving and then they're opening an area up here in the district so even more elders are coming up! That means that there will be 10 elders in my district! So my new companion is Elder Malemo. He's been on his mission three months longer than myself. He came with Elder Saiah, my first companion. Oh! and Elder Saiah is coming to my district so that will be interesting!

Also, I'm losing my nice flat... Okay, technically I'm not but now four elders will be living there, it's going to be interesting.

When I find out more about Elder Malemo I'll let you know! I'm driving down to Pretoria again to pick him up. It's like a 4 1/2 hour drive one way! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
- Elder Burgess




We were doing service and nearby there were these little girls pushing wheelbarrows with water in them, so I thought I'd help out. Sister Hall thought she would take a picture.



This is Blessing. He is a member's nephew and the smallest 3 year old I've met!


Elder Matjie and I, after coming back from the area one night, heard frogs, and I mean LOUD frogs. So we went hunting and found this little guy.




No comments:

Post a Comment