Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Well hello there, Lekgowa!




Hello Everyone! 

So I just wanted to apologize for these past two weeks. So I had said that we were going to Kruger on the 1st but plans changed. Our Zone Leaders had a meeting on the following Tuesday and had to go down to Pretoria on Monday. But, when I went to email the internet was down, so that was a bummer. And then they said we'd be going on the 8th of August, this last Monday. Thankfully, I am now able to write to you all. 

Life has been good here in South Africa. It's a bit of a struggle though. Our area is interesting. We have some wonderful people to teach and they're interested in the restoration but it's quite hard to get them to come to church. They either work, have their own church, or they say it's far. We've still been able to have some good lessons though.

We had a cool experience with the children. Children are always running around the streets and when they see me they get all excited and start yelling, "Lekgowa" which means white person. Well they end up swarming us so I start handing them pass along cards with the risen Christ on them. They were so happy!! We walked back to our truck and as we were driving away they were waving us off with the pictures! I wish I could've gotten a picture to show you. 

We went to Kruger Monday and it was so fun!! I didn't get quite as many photos because I was driving but I still got some good ones. If you ever get the chance to go to Kruger National Park, I highly recommend it. It is so choice! Oh and take me with. I know where the good places are! 😉

Thank you to you all and know you're in my prayers! 

- Elder Burgess



I was finally able to get a picture of a crocodile! 


A very rare sighting indeed. We chanced upon a wild Elder Flanagan.


I don't blame this elephant. It was pretty hot outside!


P.S. from Cameron's sister: "I caught our Elder online early this morning and asked him why Elder Flanagan was wearing a jacket. He said it was earlier morning and was just starting to warm up." 




No comments:

Post a Comment