Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 25, 2016

Hablas Espanol? No se, mi amigo.




Hola! Hola!

Funny enough, I'm not speaking Spanish. Around here they use hola to say hi also. Fun fact for the day!

So Happy Missionary Monday!! I'm doing pretty well and I hope you are too!

Well, to start off, Training Elder Matjie has been pretty good so far. We get along and work well. He kinda talks soft though, but at least he talks! This past week we've been working to grow the area. We have 6 new investigators and a couple of them are really accepting so I'm quite excited. This past weekend though we've been really helping with getting people water. The villages were out of water for 4 days so people were beginning to suffer. But, it felt great being able to help.

One thing that has been interesting is our changed schedule. By this I mean for our area. We can't really be in our area when it gets late because it's quote, unquote, "not safe". I haven't really seen any harm in being in certain places though. But the thing is that the locals are all in and they lock their gates once it starts getting too late. So because of this we sometimes are left idle later in the evening. Since we have 4 missionaries in Lenyenye now, there is a walking area (Elder Bagoole and Elder Griffey) and a driving area (Elder Matjie and myself). And in Elder Bagoole's area they're more welcoming at later times so we've had a few nights of waiting for them. It's been a little frustrating just playing the waiting game...

I do have exciting news though! Well, it's exciting to me, anyways, I've just finished the Book of Mormon. So the reason I'm so excited is because this is the first time I've finished it and truly understood all of it. I was able to find new teachings and many interesting things that I had missed before. I can truly say, with no question, I know the Book of Mormon is true. I've always known it to be true but now, it's just different. I finally understand how amazing that little blue book is. I hope that everyone gets the chance to come to this understanding and feeling that I have found for myself.

I hope that you are all seeing the Lord's hand in your life and that you know he loves you. I thank you for the support and prayers, they're greatly appreciated. Enjoy the rest of this week!

- Elder Burgess


P.S. I might not be able to write next week. My zone will be going to Kruger National Park. So I'm going back!! I'll do my best to get a picture of a lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo (i.e. the Big Five).




No comments:

Post a Comment