Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Happy Easter to you all.



Dear friends and family: 

I hope you have had a wonderful week and you're doing well. My week was great!! 

Lets start from the beginning. So the beginning of the week wasn't the greatest but it changed with Wednesday! Wednesday it was raining so hard!! I was drenched and I had an umbrella!! Anyways we walked around and sadly only had a couple lessons but the day ended well. It was Elder Reber's birthday so we went to dinner at a nice restaurant where I had a 500 gram burger!! I conquered the burger and the fries... I'm quite proud. The week continues to our eventful Friday. 

Friday we had District Meeting and I went on exchanges with Elder Reber. We went to lunch at a place called "Wimpy". It's just a nice little burger place. After lunch we went to his area because his companion, Elder Gohnert, doesn't know the area too well. It was nice because it was my old area for a short time. We had some appointments and as we were leaving our last appointment, we ran into an old investigator that Elder Reber had been looking for. They had lost contact and hadn't seen her for like 2 months!! It was a great moment.

Saturday then brought a lot to us. Elder Reber and Gohnert had a baptism and we were helping with it all. We typed up the baptism program and checked on the font, luckily too. We opened the door to the font and found water. Doesn't sound bad, right? But we didn't put it there. So the pump was broken and when it rained Wednesday the rain water came up the drain, bringing a lot of dirt. So Elder Burgess got to get down into the water and start bucketing it out. It was actually quite fun! Then the baptism came. It went great and everything turned out. 

Now the exciting part, I was a dance instructor again!! The branches found out I love ballroom dance (I wonder who told them 🙄) and insisted that I teach. It was really fun but a little difficult. As a missionary I can only show to a point how the dance is done, nonetheless, it was fun. I taught them Salsa and Waltz. I can't wait to dance when I get home!!

So I must include a great moment at the baptism. As we were going from the font there was a man in a track suit. It seemed no one had talked to him. I meant to address him but he acted first. He started asking about the church and the baptism he just witnessed. He's from Botswana and just arrived in Windhoek. He had a free day and decided to look around the city, until he ended up there at our chapel. His questions were amazing! He even said, "This church seems too good to be true, what's the catch?" As we talked, something told me, this is too good to be true. I decided he was possibly a member but I went with it just in case. After the closing remarks of the baptism and the prayer, I turned to ask what branch or ward he was from in Botswana, but again, he beat me. He said, "Congratulations elder, I'm President Caiphas, Second Counselor to President Chadambuka." I wasn't surprised he was a member but it surprised me that he was my Mission President's Second Counselor!! 

Then Sunday was a beautiful Easter. Happy Easter to you all. I hope you remember the Lord and his Atonement, death and Resurrection. I know our Savior lives. I know He loves us. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
- Elder Burgess



President Caiphas and I


Doing a little service at the other elder's place.


While on exchanges, I found that Namibia was playing our music and the spoken word. It was really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment