Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 24, 2017

A piece of Africa loves you.



Hello!

So This past week was pretty good. Probably the greatest thing has been the weather. Winter is on its way and it's been cooler; the nights especially. I've been able to wear my jacket and slippers... it's pretty great. Some other things, We have 4 new investigators. Our area is starting to pick up again and it's great!!

So on Wednesday we went to see a member and she invited her neighbours to join us. They're very nice but they don't speak English very well. Luckily our member can translate. Anyways their names are, Uekeriuondjera and Vijamaije... Good luck pronouncing those! Then Friday morning we went and saw a referral from a member. Her name is Dora. Dora is a bit older of a lady but a real sweet heart. She knows her Bible very well!! She understands some basic truths that so many people look over. Teaching her will be great I feel! And our last new investigator is a 9 year old named Natalia. Natalia is the daughter to a fairly new investigator as well, named Riina. Little Natalia just loves primary and can't wait to come to church again. Over all our finding this week was good.

As for the adventures, not a lot has happened. We had a braai (bar-b-que) with the missionaries on Saturday but it didn't end well for me. I hadn't really eaten throughout the day and then I drank a ton of juice, so I got a little sick. But by today I'm doing better. Word to the wise, eat all meals at appropriate times.

I hope you all have a great week and know a piece of Africa loves you. This week I'll have more to tell you, we'll be getting transfer news, having a baptism and having Mission Tour.


- Elder Burgess

P.S. Oh, we're probably not getting cars soon. They're here but there's some final requirements that haven't been completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment