Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 10, 2017

Deliciously short.



Hello! I'll apologize in advance, this won't be too long. 

This past week was good, just a little slow. It was mostly the same old each day. Sadly no cars yet... but they say this week they should be here! I'm excited!

So I guess I can tell about some of our investigators. Eugene is a newer investigator. He's the nephew to an RM and the grandson to the branch president. Many is his extended family are members and slowly the family is coming along. Cecyllia is doing well. She's still preparing for her baptism at the end of the month and she's not really having many challenges. We just have a couple more lessons and then she's golden and good to go. David is still doing well. His learning is a bit slower but he is only ten. Sometimes it's difficult because his friends join and kids sometimes are just not in the mood to sit and listen, but life goes on.

My highlight was when the Desousa's invited us to join them in watching the Sunday Afternoon session of General Conference. It was wonderful to watch the full General Conference. It's the first time I've been able to see all the sessions on my mission. A particular talk was given by Elder Costa of the Seventy. Please! I repeat, Please! Spread this talk with everyone! It's titled "To the friends and investigators of the Church" It is for all who are not members, but members should also watch it so they can see how to help their friends. It's a fantastic talk! After Conference we had a lovely meal prepared by Brother Desousa; an Angolan dish that translates to bean stew. It's really a man stew! It was delicious!

Well this coming week should bring better stories. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy your week!

- Elder Burgess



I've got my journal and I'm ready for Conference.


Man stew. I'd eaten most of the sauce and vegetables by the time I took the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment