Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 10, 2017

Hymn 192



So Molepolole is doing a bit better. Things are starting to turn around. We now have two investigators on date, Festus and Onalenna. They're a mother and son. They were actually taught clear back in 2012 but never baptized so hopefully things will change.

I received a cool email from my father ( happy birthday shout out to him for yesterday!) today about an article on how non-native missionaries are now in Botswana after nearly 4 years! Now, I wasn't the first group but I came not long after them. I thought it was pretty cool to hear.

Life is treating me pretty well.

So this past week we had exchanges. I was with Elder Mapolanka. He's a great elder. He helped us in finding a couple more investigators! The day went well with him, we even taught another prophet. Molepolole has so many prophets!!

But yes, this week I've driven from Moleps to Gabs many times. On Friday we drove in for district meeting but we ended up not having it because the elders that came into Bots just before me were working on renewing their visas. We'll find out today if they went through. It was a pain of a process though. We'll see what happens with me though.

Things are good here, no complaints. The area is improving and the work is picking up. I'm grateful to be a part of this great work. 

I know that our Savior lives. I know He and our Father love us. I've really come to know these things, not just hope or believe. We had shared a message with Brother Kema based off of hymn 192. For me, it was a moment in which the Spirit truly testified to me, "This is true". It was indescribable. 

I hope you all have a great week!
- Elder Burgess


Elder Burgess & Elder Mapolanka


A small friend I found in my bedroom. He was safely evicted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment