Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 17, 2017

Superstitious caves and expired visas!



Hello everyone!! This past week was interesting here in Moleps.

So we had exchanges Monday, so I drove in and that evening we went to President Mangenela's for dinner, which we cooked. It was quite fun. Then the next morning the exchange started. So Elder Griffey, the District leader and my temporary companion, was having a dilemma, his visa expired, the following day on Wednesday. 

Immigration was still processing his extension so we had to stay in Gaborone. We went in the morning but they said come after lunch, so we went and talked to people getting referrals for the other elders and went back. Upon arriving they told us it wasn't done and to come back in the morning; they included that they would not deport Elder Griffey for one day. So we rushed to Moleps, went tracting, found a couple more people, attended PEC, then drove back to Gabs. Needless to say, I was very tired. So the following morning we woke up and drove in early so we could check and thankfully they were done, so I didn't have to deport my district leader.

The rest of the week went by fast. This week for district meeting we were able to get into the parking lot... yeah we sat on the curb and held our meeting.

Saturday was pretty great. It was a day of service. First we cut a tree, drastically, and then did yard work for another member. It was great, two service projects! Then we had some appointments. The following day was a blessing of the Sabbath.

Church was wonderful. I helped pass the sacrament and then a member gave a talk on the sacrament. In the morning we only had 1 scheduled appointment, but by the end of the day we had 5 lessons, one of which was on the sacrament. I had a wonderful reminder of that beautiful ordinance not once, not twice, but three times. It was very nice. I hope you all had a good long thought about the sacrament and what it means as you sat reverently in your chapel. I know I did.

And then today we went to a cave that some say is related to witch craft... I just saw a hole with some bats in it. It was still cool!

Well I'm still kicking, and this week we have Zone Conference and our Zone Activity, so more stories to follow!


- Elder Burgess



Me, majestically in the tree I mutilated.




Photos at the cave!



No comments:

Post a Comment