Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Oh what a beautiful morning!



Hiya people!!

I hope you're all doing well, I am. This past week has flown, yet again. The area is getting there. We have a few more investigators and a few more potentials. We even had a couple investigators at church! 

We had a good week, nothing too exciting or dramatic though. There was a funny on Friday though. We got locked out of the chapel so we had to have our district meeting in the car. It was still spiritual but painful after some time.

Sunday was a magnificent day. As many know, it was fast Sunday and for me, I've come to really love fast Sunday. It's always a time in which I feel closer to God. I feel he's really listening, really there. I know, God loves us. I know, that He sent His son, Jesus Christ. And I know, that Jesus Christ suffered for us. Not just our sins, but our pains and our sorrows too. This gospel is something else, and I'm so grateful to be a part of it.

Life here in Molepolole is getting there. I'm getting more settled and getting to know the area well. I realized I haven't given too much as of late. Molepolole is a village about 40 kilometers from the capitol of Botswana, Gaborone. It's quite flat in landscape but being a village it is bumpy and rocky. The people here are really nice and friendly, but at times quiet. They love our Heavenly Father and Savior so much. It is a little tough working with the language barrier but for the most part, people understand English. 

My companion, Elder Motaleng, is from Francistown, Botswana. It's like the second capitol city. He's a great guy, real quiet though. I've determined I'll break his shyness, it's already improving. The crazy thing is he's never been out of Francistown until he came on his mission. Well, for Christmas he'd go to his father's home village, but that hardly counts!

But yeah, I apologize for any lack of information. If there's further questions please let me know.

I hope your coming week is a good one!
- Elder Burgess


I found a replica of the golden plates. I've decided I know why everyone in the Book of Mormon is painted so buff, those plates are heavy!


Here's district meeting in the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment