Have an inspiring thought? Email our man at cameron.burgess@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 26, 2016

When you're in the service of your God, there is no language barrier.




Dear peoples not in South Africa,

First, sorry you're not in South Africa, I am. Second, how is life?

For me, life is great! This past week disappeared and here I am again. So this past week was a bit down, a bit. We had so many appointments, (I mean a lot!!) but they almost all fell through. Majority of the people we saw were chance encounters and lucky timing. 

We had a great lesson yesterday with a family, the Mafetus. They are our regular Sunday appointment. They don't really know English though. Because of that, it's been interesting for me. I've been getting a lot better with letting the Spirit guide my words. That whole lesson I had no idea where they were coming from! The lesson begins and Elder Malemo, who knows the language, starts talking. Then he turns to me and just nods... I sat for a second and thought, "Well I'd better speak". I didn't even know what he had shared with them or where he stopped. I just opened my mouth and let it flow. As we were leaving I was thinking maybe I'd ruined the lesson but Elder Malemo was so pleased and happy, saying,"Wow, that was a really nice lesson!" I sighed inwardly and agreed.

We also celebrated Heritage Day! It was pretty fun seeing the traditional clothing and just spending some time with the members! 

My favorite moment this week though was sacrament meeting. So we're sitting there and they just blessed the bread when no later than a second, five small finches fly into the chapel through a mistakenly left open door. The whole time during the sacrament was filled with the sweet sound of bird chirps and flapping wings. It was really a beautiful sound and sight!! I wish you all could've seen it! Then for the remainder of the meeting they had fun flying around and dive bombing people, which became pretty entertaining!! Over all, I hope your week was as great as mine.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's kingdom restored to this earth. And most important of all, I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer and that shortly, He will come and claim his people and that day will be one of unsurpassed joy.

Love you all!

- Elder Cameron Cannell Burgess 



Some of the Relief Society sisters sporting their heritage.


Elder Burgess photobombing a selfie with a selfie.


Myself helping with the clean up.



No comments:

Post a Comment